Sunday, May 25, 2008

...oh the adventurous holiday weekend!



Quite the adventure this holiday weekend! So, Matich and I watched out niece Bostyn this weekend for my bro and sister-in-law while they were off watching the Boston Red Socks play in Seattle.......can I just say oh my LANDS! What an exciting and very overwhelming time. I cannot believe the intensity of the role. Please DO NOT get me wrong. I adore my little Dink and Squeeker...... and will still, and always, scoop them up anytime, but I truly believe you best be prepared. Matich and I had dinner with our good friends the Blacks and Wolfgramms (which is always a good time) on Saturday eve and we talked a bit about the importance and maintenance of having children (can I just say our ever indebted respect goes out to all mothers). I cannot believe what an overwhelming and remarkeable job it is.....the diapers, the feeding, the restless nights, the crying, the laughing, the stress, the happiness, the worries......the list goes on..and on....and on ...and on. Not being a mom myslef, I cannot even begin to imagine the feelings. However, I have come to appreciate its importance. I commend my mom and her responsibilities for not only keeping up with her three kids, two in-laws, two grandkids......did I mention her teenage son......., ill mom, and house full of wild crazy farm animals, but all of my friends and family who have, and are, in the mitts of motherhood. What a commendable role and privelge you all have. I cannot even begin to imagine the responsibility. There is, without a doubt, something to be said about all those who take the leap into motherhood, what an important role. It is a 24 hour never ending job. I will tell you all now.........I AM IN AAAWWWHHH....... of how you work your many motherhood wonders. I cannot tell you how many times Matich and I heard the words, "Wait until you have your own, there is nothing like it," throughout this weekend excursion and how many times we said there is NO WAY........BUT, we will both admit there is something to be said about the sweet and ever so scrumpscious chubbiness of a tender, sweet smiling face throughout the day (lets be honest, our neice is a cutie!). Our hats are officially off, and although it is long past mothers day, it is importnat to remeber the ENORMOUS role and responsibiliy it means to be a mom.






With my mom, Wade, and No-Mah in St. George, it was up to Matich and I to keep all calm on the home front (I OFFICIAlLLY RETIRE OF THE FARM DUTY!!!). Between feeding the bloody goats, chickens, bunny, dogs, ducks, cat, and running after my 15yr old bro......we give! We could hardly organize our thoughts. So lets be honest, is there truly a difference between the appearance of hay and straw? Call me a city girl if you will, but how in the sam was I supposed to know that I had been trying to feed the goats straw instead of hay for the past three days. The farm life IS NOT the life for me!


And last, but not least, my bloody tooth drama. So there it was a lovely Sunday morning at one of our usually breakfast spots and I could not help but notice a "crunch" in my mouth as I continued to eat my bagel.....the crunch just didnt seem right. As I looked at Matich, with a bit of a peculiar and puzzled glance, I could not help but notice his reaction. I had opened my mouth and out came not only my crown, but my tooth as well. Yes it is true...the whole shabang. Not to mention it was my cuspid! It took everything in me to not start sobbing. I dashed to the restroom, gave a good rinse, and stuck that puppy right back in the socket. Again, I GIVE. You cannot be serious right now...really....the whole tooth....just gone....say it isnt so! Needless to say, the dentist and I have started to become quite close this week.






7 comments:

Sara Atkinson said...

Great post Amber. I agree motherhood is not an easy job but the rewards make it oh so worth it. I think you just get used to putting your self second (or third depending on how many kids you have.) It is nice to feel appreciated now and then. I hope that someday you and Matich will get to experience the joys of parenthood with your own.
ps I'm keeping up on the brows.

Brooke said...

Seriously such a cute post about mothers. Amen sista! It is a full time job but the best one out there by far! I'm lovin' every minute of it...the poopies and all.

Also - yikes - that seriously SUCKS about your cuspid!!!

Us in a paragraph said...

Without all the help that we get from your mom, wade, trav, you and matich, and my mom, I don't know how I'd do it!!! Your mom seriously is a miracle worker with all of the stuff that she does (you forgot to mention PTA)! Now you know why my house is ALWAYS looking like a bomb went off, and you only had 1 of my kids!!! IF you & Matich do decide to have kids one day, I hope we can return the favor, we would LOVE to take your kid/kids anytime. Even if you just get a dog, consider us babysitters. And as far as the animals are concerned, where was Trav?! I'm surprised that Paris and Nicole are picky about whether or not it's hay. Sucky about your tooth, on a Sunday of all days! Isn't that always when tooth probs occur, when the dentist isn't in the office? Thank you again a million times over, Chris and I would like to take you two out to dinner, you deserve it! Name the date, time and place...

Maryann said...

Well said Amber! It's a big job, but oh so worth it. You better have a little monkey of your own... you'll be a great mom! I had to laugh when I pictured you farm duties!! :)

THE WILKER CLAN said...

no kidsss....have fun travel,education, but i will say there is nothing greater in the world than having your own its amazing how u can do all of it with your own... i did not think i could do it with noah and boston but as a grandma u have more patients and time slows down i think u realize how fast time goes and u enjoy every minute and u are not in a rush to see all the phases they will encounter...one day at a time...u have also been around animals {horses} long enough to know the difference between STRAW and HAY even noah knew hay was green!!!

Toppy said...

Such a cute post. I really hope your tooth feels much better, very soon.

the blacks said...

I am so sad for you and your cuspid. That is no good. Dinner was fun and we need to do it again. So no word on the house? Let us know. Love ya Kami