Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh the memories...


So when Matich and I stepped outside to seek relief from the sweat and heat permeating in the gym I was reminded of the coming summer months. The times when there is no relief. You sweat like crazy and expect to cool off and to no avail....its a no go. It is so hot everywhere, mostly because we dont have central air! But, I will admit for the first time I am actually excited for the summer sun. It reminds me of lazy days by the pool and hot late night runs. Summer time also reminds me of fun vacations and how badly I would love to take one. I cannot believe Matich and I went to Mexico almost two years ago. You wanna talk about sweat...we went during the rainy season. I am not so sure I would call it the "rainy" season, but more the "sauna" season. It was by far the most hot and HUMID place I have ever been. Oh the fun times in the sun, nowadays those fun times are done with sun screen. Yes, its true...I never thought I would say the words, but......I love sunscreen. It is funny how that bloody stuff takes on a whole new meaning when you start to get older.
Hope a happy and healthy summer finds you all well.

3 comments:

Us in a paragraph said...

When I got home from work today Chris already had the air conditioners in the windows! It's coming up quick...

Sara Atkinson said...

apparently I did get your update. Thanks again for taming my brows. I owe you lunch.

the blacks said...

I too am reminded of the summers days next to the pool at good old Royal Farms. Those were the days with Brookie! Dinner for sure- You pick the day and we are available. Love you much- Kami