Friday, June 6, 2008

GOING....GOING....GONE

So lets be honest, these past 2 weeks have been hell. Matich and I spent last Sunday in the ER due to the serious infection taking over my face. I was told last Thursday that my tooth was infected and the muscle around it was a little irritated, OH NO my friend, not the muscle. I woke up Sunday morn with my left eye swollen shut, a sagging cheek, and a softball growth on the side of my face (way to humiliated to post the pic). Really I could not believe how the infection took over. I had been on the strongest antibiotic there is and still no relief. On Sunday, after 3 confirmations, I was told to go to the ER. After the lovely co-pay and 4 hours of waiting they sent me home with nada. However, come Monday things were looking better. The infection began to decrease and I was set to visit the endodontist for my 3 third root canal on the bloody cuspid and an apico. Ten minutes into the procedure, the Endodontist let me know that he could not save the tooth......poor guy had to deal with floods of tears. I was then referred to a Periodontist, or as I like to call him the tooth god! He felt that pulling the bugger and placing an implant right away was the best bet, not too mention our insurance would also take care of a portion of the procedure. So there it ends....I am officially the proud owner of an implant. That cuspid has caused me nothing but bitterness and .24 cents left to our name (okay, so the money part is a little exaggerated, but seriously those things are not cheap!). I will say the Endodontist was amazing, this was the first day in 2 weeks I did not shed one tear. I didnt feel a thing and it looks fantastic! Matich...your wife is officially back...and p.s. hope the tooth fairy still remembers 28 year olds!

8 comments:

the blacks said...

Im excited to see your new addition! Sorry for the hell you have been through- no fun.

Maryann said...

Crazy!! I'm glad you got everything fixed though.

Sara Atkinson said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope all is going better now. I think the tooth fairy stops at age 30. You should definitely be getting something from her.

Julie Knowlton said...

What the?! I am sorry.

Brooke said...

Man...that bites. Yeah for implants though!!!

Toppy said...

I really do want to see a pic of the swollen shut eye. Just think of how fun that you will be able to look back and laugh. You should take a pic of your new implant too.

Mo said...

Amber - that is crazy! I had no idea. I'm so sorry. I think we need to keep in contact a little better. it doesn't compare but last week I lost a crown off one of my molars. I must have swallowed it - one day there was just a big hole where I used to have a tooth. No pain - no tooth. And your dad fell and broke a chunk off one of his front teeth. Strange couple of weeks for teeth.

Curtis and Windy Olson said...

That sounds like a nightmare!! Hope all is going well.

Windy (Dana Roy)